New to DJI, Naza/GPS V2 LED just flashing yellow.

tips and info for the Naza M

Moderator: 1275mini

New to DJI, Naza/GPS V2 LED just flashing yellow.

Postby billy4221 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 5:59 pm

Hi,
I recently purchased the DJI Naza V2 with GPS compass, but I can't get the system to get past the flashing yellow LED and allow me to arm the motors.

The system is mounted on a clone F550 frame, using Turnigy SK series (Areodrive) 2830 1130kv motors and Turnigy Plush 30A ESCs, also I'm using 35mhz radio (Futaba PCM), but I have tried using 2.4ghz (DSM2).
I have followed the setup to the letter using the v2.4 assistant software, making sure the RX calibration is correct with all controls at zero, and the three position selection switch highlighting the 3 x modes (had to adjust end points at both ends of the travel to highlight GPS & Manual).

The compass calibration completes sucessfully, but then just returns to the flashing yellow LED (LED pulses maybe 2 or 3 flashes very quickly every second or so), and does not change regardless of which mode I select.
I had seen on some other forums, that the Naza needed some warm up time, but after leaving it running for one and a half hours yesterday, still no change, I have also tried powering the PMU first before the ESCs, as I read this solved an arming issue, but this was on the V1 so possibly a pointless check.

I'm new to DJI products but not multi-rotors, so I'm fairly sure I haven't made any really obvious errors, but if anyone can help it would be much appreciated.
billy4221

Re: New to DJI, Naza/GPS V2 LED just flashing yellow.

Postby G6EJD » Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:38 pm

Is the NAZA switched to GPS mode, sound like its in ATTI mode, check your switches again in the NAZA assist and that your switch settings e.g. 50% is in the middle of the range, which may not be 50%.

It could be you are not getting GPS signal, it does ave clear view of the sky and weather is good when testing?
G6EJD

Postby billy4221 » Mon Jul 29, 2013 10:56 pm

I did check in the Naza assistant that the mode switch highlighted in blue the different modes correctlty, but I'm not sure the Naza is booting up properly, as once the LED has run through the self check it goes straight to the pulsing yellow, and won't respond to the mode switch changes.
Left the system running under very clear sky, for over hour and half, so should have picked up signal, but the LED isn't following the satellite search pattern.
Do you know if anyone has ever received a duff Naza system straight out of the box?
Cheers
billy4221

Postby G6EJD » Tue Jul 30, 2013 1:16 pm

No - but to confirm, it has to be in GPS mode to receive and lock, if in ATTI it will always flash Amber. Recommend you establish the mode in 'Assist' is GPS then do a receive check in the OPEN, or perhaps switch it to ATTI mode as that might be GPS mode!

Does it fly in ATTI mode? have you or dare you try...

Suggest you give the supplier a call.
G6EJD

Postby romica » Sun Sep 15, 2013 8:25 am

I have back 2 month same issue. Fix with (viewtopic.php?f=4&t=38) few shake and after a new crash It was workingonly new firmware from NAZA (http://www.dji.com/download/naza-m-v2-downloads/).
romica

Postby zarulite » Fri Sep 27, 2013 3:19 pm

its flash like in failsave mode ?
zarulite

Postby romica » Fri Sep 27, 2013 6:42 pm

No! Is only 4 very fast flashing a long gap and again 4 flash. Nothing other. You can't start the engines. Try to upgrade. For me was a solution and now is working fine.
romica

Return to Naza-M