DJI iOSD mini

Talk about your FPV Set-Ups and Queries.

Moderators: Richard, 1275mini

Re: DJI iOSD mini

Postby emthree_kia » Mon Dec 02, 2013 4:58 pm

I wonder if anyone could help me out?
I purchased a DJI mini OSD last month and I just can't get it working properly. Everything works apart from the distance to home and direction to home arrow. I've updated both the OSD unit and the Naza V2 FC.
This is the same on the bench and out flying. I always wait for the satellites to obtain full lock, and the RTH works flawlessly.
I've searched the internet to find solutions, but they also came up with nothing useful.
Has anyone else had similar issues?

Thank you.
emthree_kia

Postby Gizmo3000 » Tue Dec 03, 2013 12:54 am

I just installed my iOSD and it seems to have everything.
I would probably suggest contacting your dealer or DJI and see about possibly getting a replacement, as it sounds like you might have a faulty one.
- since there's nothing you can do or change in it's firmware/software to deal with what you're experiencing.
Gizmo3000

Postby emthree_kia » Tue Dec 03, 2013 10:19 pm

Thanks for your advice. Will search a bit more just to be sure then it's off back to dealer.
emthree_kia

Postby Gandalf30 » Sat Dec 07, 2013 8:56 am

Great video . One thing that seems very strange is that the artificial horizon seems to work the opposite way to the real world ?? ie line tilts to show bank not actual horizon line !!

Brian H
Gandalf30

Postby Gizmo3000 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 12:59 am

Gandalf30 wrote:Great video . One thing that seems very strange is that the artificial horizon seems to work the opposite way to the real world ?? ie line tilts to show bank not actual horizon line !!

Brian H

But that comes in handy if you're flying FPV thru a gimbal, so you know that the craft is banking one way or another.
I dig it!
Gizmo3000

Postby Gandalf30 » Sun Dec 08, 2013 8:07 am

Ah yes ..I see what you mean. I will have to re-adjust my brain cell from RW interpretation then !!
cheers, Brian

PS is it possible to alter AH display to RW responces??
Gandalf30

Postby Snowstorm » Sun Dec 15, 2013 5:47 am

Gandalf30 wrote:Ah yes ..I see what you mean. I will have to re-adjust my brain cell from RW interpretation then !!
cheers, Brian

PS is it possible to alter AH display to RW responces??

I second that, seems to be opposite to what most are used to. Also, the magnitude of the indication seems to be lower than actual, so a 45 degree bank is indicated as less than that on the OSD line.

My iOSD haven't arrived yet, what kind of configuration is available? For example, can one turn off the numerical pitch/roll indicator on top, reverse the attitude bar, and make the bar tilt 1:1?

Also, is the vertical speed in m/s?
Snowstorm

Postby Fdnyfish » Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:19 pm

On a phantom 2, would I plug the iosd mini on the port of the leg?

I also have a fatshark 5.8 tx that I was going to connect to the wires coming out the bottom of phantom 2.

Is that correct or do I now connect the fatshark to the iosd.

Also if I wanted to move the Canbus port inside the phantom, I would still need access to update the iosd from outside? Or can I update it from usb cable on phantom?
Fdnyfish

Postby Gizmo3000 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:34 pm

Fdnyfish wrote:On a phantom 2, would I plug the iosd mini on the port of the leg?

I also have a fatshark 5.8 tx that I was going to connect to the wires coming out the bottom of phantom 2.

Is that correct or do I now connect the fatshark to the iosd.

Also if I wanted to move the Canbus port inside the phantom, I would still need access to update the iosd from outside? Or can I update it from usb cable on phantom?

I think much depends on the gimbal, as those wires are meant to connect to the H3-2d.
but yes, you'd need to access the iOSD, as it has a micro (or mini? I forget) USB to plug into directly. - can't update from the NAZA usb.
you only need the Canbus if you also wanted to add the BTU unit, otherwise you can easily plug the H33d into the Mini-iOSD (they can be daisy chained)

you'd need to connect the video-out of the iOSD to go into the Fatshark Tx.
Gizmo3000

Postby Fdnyfish » Fri Dec 20, 2013 10:54 pm

Thanks,

Is there a way to change meters to feet
Fdnyfish

Postby Gizmo3000 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 11:04 pm

Fdnyfish wrote:Thanks,

Is there a way to change meters to feet

Nope, don't think so.
just gotta think of them as "yards" :D

Honestly, the only thing you'll really be focusing on is the volts. (an the up/down arrows).

But it is kinda neat, theoretically you could be flying in total darkness and still be able to find your way home and land.
Gizmo3000

Previous

Return to FPV Gear