Android compatible phones

Phantom 2 Chat, Queries and Advice

Moderators: Richard, 1275mini

Android compatible phones

Postby VideoQuads » Thu Dec 12, 2013 2:22 pm

Hi guys Ian here again.
I got a reply to the android lagging problem and it would seem that not all androids are equal.

So the next question is what Androids work the best. I chose that over the iPhone only because
you can up the size while all the iPhone's seem to be the same size!!!

Could we start to list Android Phones that work?
VideoQuads

Re: Android compatible phones

Postby paramanch36 » Thu Dec 12, 2013 4:45 pm

Sure, for me I have a Asus fonepad 7, its android. it breaks up a lot even close to you, at some distance its not good at all, its not the PV, as to the iphone have no problems, Have not tried it to a Ipad as need to make a holding station of some sort...and its a bit big.

I think its down to what Wifi Connections are on the pnones and how close they are to the Visions Mhz settings from what I see.
paramanch36

Postby VideoQuads » Thu Dec 12, 2013 6:45 pm

paramanch36 wrote:Sure, for me I have a Asus fonepad 7, its android. it breaks up a lot even close to you, at some distance its not good at all, its not the PV, as to the iphone have no problems, Have not tried it to a Ipad as need to make a holding station of some sort...and its a bit big.

I think its down to what Wifi Connections are on the pnones and how close they are to the Visions Mhz settings from what I see.

Thanks Bud
VideoQuads

Postby olguy » Tue Dec 17, 2013 12:48 pm

The key as to whether your android device is compatible or not is the device's operating system version. On your device, go to settings>about>software. Your must have ver 4.0 or above. This is outlined in the DJI users manual.
olguy

Postby paramanch36 » Tue Dec 17, 2013 3:17 pm

Yes its up to date. But think some wifi devices are better abd bang on the visions. Range
paramanch36

Return to Phantom 2