p2v lens filter adapter

Phantom 2 Vision Chat, Queries and Advice

Moderators: Richard, 1275mini

p2v lens filter adapter

Postby classcrver » Fri Dec 20, 2013 1:58 am

Has anyone tried the lens filter adapter? I see they put this hardware on the dji website for the Phantom 2 Vision camera
classcrver

Re: p2v lens filter adapter

Postby paramanch36 » Fri Dec 20, 2013 4:36 am

classcrver wrote:Has anyone tried the lens filter adapter? I see they put this hardware on the dji website for the Phantom 2 Vision camera

Where did you see it.... looked on DJI nothing found
paramanch36

Postby CaptainKid » Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:05 am

Unless you mean software - the lens profile plug in (if you do then it works well).

Still waiting for the RAW plug in . . . :roll:

Or do you mean this;

DJI is going to release a "Lens Filter Mount Kit" as spare part for Phantom 2 Vision within a few (1-2) weeks. The "Lens Filter Mount Kit" helps photographers to mount their 46mm lens filter on the Vision camera. The price will also be released later.
CaptainKid

Postby classcrver » Fri Dec 20, 2013 9:55 pm

The latter thanks.
Also Thought It already supported raw but found out today I couldn't open the raw files with adobe or any other program to open raw files.
The file capture size was 28 meg?? it also captured a jpg file in the raw position.
classcrver

Postby CaptainKid » Sat Dec 21, 2013 9:58 am

It does take RAW but, as you've found, nothing opens them yet - so it looks as if they are going to adopt the Adobe Raw file type on the camera to make life easier.

You normally do get both JPEG and Raw files when you shoot Raw.
CaptainKid

Postby classcrver » Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:08 pm

paramanch36 wrote:
classcrver wrote:Has anyone tried the lens filter adapter? I see they put this hardware on the dji website for the Phantom 2 Vision camera

On DJI main page , scroll down and they showed it as well as panorama taking
classcrver

Postby paramanch36 » Sat Dec 21, 2013 4:48 pm

classcrver wrote:
paramanch36 wrote:

On DJI main page , scroll down and they showed it as well as panorama taking

OK found it, must be a recent add on to the web site.

seems you have to buy an adapter then un-screew the front mount screw then mount the adaptor..which then becomes the screw...

It seems that you then use standard filters of a 46mm size...thats neat..would prefer to see them bring out a 2 axis gimbal to mount on the PV, thinking about buying one of these..

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nuoFxch4 ... BGnrh5lj5Q.
paramanch36

Postby Bachfire » Thu Feb 27, 2014 8:49 pm

Yep, I have purchased the lens adapter kit and am using it. High quality parts and on $15 + $5.00 shipping in USA. Simple 3-minute install. Works great. I am using a B+W 46mm UV/Haze filter and just leave it on the camera as a camera lens protector. Also purchased a Hoya 46mm multi-coated circular polarizer and the results for shots in bright sunny skies with clouds is amazing. One great small investment for your P2V. I purchased my unit here: http://1uas.com/Part-27-Phantom-2-Vision. They get new stock on this item in about every two weeks.
Bachfire

Return to Phantom 2 Vision