Tarot T-2D help

Phantom 1 Chat, Queries and Advice.

Moderators: Richard, 1275mini

Re: Tarot T-2D help

Postby polcan99 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 4:41 pm

JustAnotherCamMan wrote: You are correct. I plugged into F2 NOT F1.

Thanks! One more question... so where on the Tarot did you plug in the signal wire? To the P? or the T? Cuz one guys on this forum says to plug it into the T?

Also do you know what version of the DJI Naza software and firmware you are using on your phantom? Because Im afraid it might be cuz I updated to the latest firmware and that restrics the use of the 7th channel? Would be great if you could tell me. Thanks for the help. Im plying with it right now so hopefuly I get that working. Otherwise everything is working as it should.
polcan99

Postby JustAnotherCamMan » Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:33 pm

I am using Software version 3:14. I can't see where the signal wire is plugged into because the Tarot is mounted on the Phantom. I will see if I can see which pins go to the Tarot.
JustAnotherCamMan

Postby JustAnotherCamMan » Fri Aug 23, 2013 5:44 pm

Ok. I have the phantom/tarot in my hands.Here is how i am looking at it.I am looking at the phantom from the side with the battery door looking to the right. the tarot in this position is a side view with the front of the gimbal also facing to the right.

As i look at the Two connectors that are plugged into the tarot,i see the black wire connector in the slot most facing the front of the gimbal. The black wire is in the pin closest to you. the next white wire connector goes in slot right behind the the black wires slot. That white wire will be in the slot farthest away,or last pin. The RED wire is not used!

JustAnotherCamMan

Postby polcan99 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:04 pm

JustAnotherCamMan wrote:Ok. I have the phantom/tarot in my hands.Here is how i am looking at it.I am looking at the phantom from the side with the battery door looking to the right. the tarot in this position is a side view with the front of the gimbal also facing to the right.

As i look at the Two connectors that are plugged into the tarot,i see the black wire connector in the slot most facing the front of the gimbal. The black wire is in the pin closest to you. the next white wire connector goes in slot right behind the the black wires slot. That white wire will be in the slot farthest away,or last pin. The RED wire is not used!

Thank you for this... I just got it working!

Going out to test out the new capabilities in the air :)
polcan99

Postby polcan99 » Fri Aug 23, 2013 8:12 pm

JustAnotherCamMan wrote:
polcan99 wrote: The only issue I have is that I can tilt up and down,but haven't found a way to limit the tilt within a 90 degree area of movement.

Also I have the answer for your question. To limit how much the gimal rotates and which way and how fast as you move the roll or pitch input just change the settings in the tarot gimbal software. You can get the software on the bottom of this page here: http://www.helipal.com/tarot-t-2d-brush ... ero-3.html

Here is a video I uploaded with my settings: http://youtu.be/0ep_3HK8aW4

This way the camera either looks straight forward or all the way down plus a little extra. If you want it to just look all the way down and not more than that, simply change the Min value to -90 or -95 somewhere there. Also the RC sensitivity number goes from 1 to 100. 100 being the most sensitive. After ure done just press Write Settings to Flash and you're done!
polcan99

Postby JustAnotherCamMan » Sat Aug 24, 2013 3:24 am

polcan99 wrote:
JustAnotherCamMan wrote:
polcan99 wrote: The only issue I have is that I can tilt up and down,but haven't found a way to limit the tilt within a 90 degree area of movement.

Also I have the answer for your question. To limit how much the gimal rotates and which way and how fast as you move the roll or pitch input just change the settings in the tarot gimbal software. You can get the software on the bottom of this page here: http://www.helipal.com/tarot-t-2d-brush ... ero-3.html

Here is a video I uploaded with my settings: http://youtu.be/0ep_3HK8aW4

This way the camera either looks straight forward or all the way down plus a little extra. If you want it to just look all the way down and not more than that, simply change the Min value to -90 or -95 somewhere there. Also the RC sensitivity number goes from 1 to 100. 100 being the most sensitive. After ure done just press Write Settings to Flash and you're done!

Thank you for the Tarot settings. I was wondering if you can set the tilt limit within the Naza Assistant. My reasoning being that gimbal control settings are in the Naza Assistant,I.E pitch and roll settings.Can those be set to control the amount of tilt?
JustAnotherCamMan

Postby polcan99 » Sat Aug 24, 2013 4:11 am

JustAnotherCamMan wrote:
Thank you for the Tarot settings. I was wondering if you can set the tilt limit within the Naza Assistant. My reasoning being that gimbal control settings are in the Naza Assistant,I.E pitch and roll settings.Can those be set to control the amount of tilt?

Yup they limit the amount of tilt or roll. but that's not in the Naza settings but in the Gimbal software settings. I just tested it out today, and my new setup works way better than the Arris 2000 gimal. Plus the tarot gimal software lets you choose if you want the tilt rotation to be proportional or position based. I prefer position. This way if I turn the know half way the gimbal turns half way and stops. Doesn't keep on drifting.
polcan99

Postby ohshme » Mon Aug 26, 2013 11:46 pm

Has anyone else had problems updating the Tarot Gimbal. I have followed the instructions for the firmware and motor update. It reads my gimbal and I start the update but it never finishes? I let it go for hours and never said successful. Any help would be amazing. Also thanks for helping me already. Im having to same issue to connect it to my white radio. I ordered the little toggle from canada that goes in the back to help control the tilt. Is that what everyone is doing? Thanks again.

Troy
ohshme

Postby CaptainKid » Tue Aug 27, 2013 8:46 am

I ordered the little toggle from canada that goes in the back to help control the tilt. Is that what everyone is doing?

I've ordered a 5k pot and a suitable knob to go on it - planning to fit that to the front of the standard TX.
CaptainKid

Postby Footlaunch1 » Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:09 pm

For any of you guys using the Tarot T-2D found this its a great idea I have done mine the same all works great and saves the problem of the board being fitted.
4 Snap fasteners £2.40 and a drop of Epoxy to glue them in place.
one snap fastener will support 1 kilo so 4 holding 300 grm its over kill.

http://forum.rcdesign.ru/f123/thread301 ... ost4404559
Footlaunch1

Postby rctbear » Wed Aug 28, 2013 6:57 pm

For Tarot T-2D owners .. is there any soldering required to get power to the gimbal please?

I was looking at the Aeroxcraft but you need to solder the power wires together and I don't own a soldering iron.

Thank you.
rctbear

Postby Slartibartfast » Wed Aug 28, 2013 7:46 pm

Buy one, they are cheap an you will almost certainly need it for other things
Slartibartfast

Postby ohshme » Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:27 pm

rctbear wrote:For Tarot T-2D owners .. is there any soldering required to get power to the gimbal please?

I was looking at the Aeroxcraft but you need to solder the power wires together and I don't own a soldering iron.

Thank you.

yes you will need to solder if you are using a UBEC. If your going to connect to another battier then you might have to solder different connectors as well. So ya they are cheap and good to have.
ohshme

Postby 1275mini » Wed Aug 28, 2013 8:39 pm

Any one know what bolt in the bottom left hand corner on the back plate does ? Seems to be a waste
Barry
1275mini

Postby Gizmo3000 » Wed Aug 28, 2013 11:10 pm

1275mini wrote:Any one know what bolt in the bottom left hand corner on the back plate does ? Seems to be a waste

sort of. and I've read that if you screw it in too tight, it will dent the gopro port in back.

I had trouble installing my gopro until I realized that I needed to loosen that screw. so I simply removed it.

However, I read somewhere else that the bolt comes in handy if you wish to add an extra filter to the front of the gopro, as it will help you to add some counterweight to it.
Gizmo3000

PreviousNext

Return to Phantom 1