Gain settings on Phantom with Gimbal

Phantom 1 Chat, Queries and Advice.

Moderators: Richard, 1275mini

Gain settings on Phantom with Gimbal

Postby Jft1469 » Fri Aug 09, 2013 5:12 pm

Has anyone seen the recommended gain settings for the phantom with the gimbal attached? Since installing the gimbal, i find that hovering is much less stable vs without it. I can not seem to find this documented anywhere. I currently have everything at default settings (100's across the board).
Jft1469

Re: Gain settings on Phantom with Gimbal

Postby The Editor » Fri Aug 09, 2013 6:00 pm

Jft1469 wrote:Has anyone seen the recommended gain settings for the phantom with the gimbal attached? Since installing the gimbal, i find that hovering is much less stable vs without it. I can not seem to find this documented anywhere. I currently have everything at default settings (100's across the board).

100's are not the default settings from memory !

I believe that pitch and roll are 125%, yaw is 100% and I can't remember (I'm not at my Naza Assist PC) what Vertical was set at. Attitude gain was around 40 or 50% (again this is from memory)

I have played around with Yaw gain since fitting the Zenmuse and gone from 80% up to 120% in 10% increments - seems to make diddly squat difference other than once you get over 110% gain on the Yaw it becomes unstable and oscillates too much.

One thing to bear in mind is that ALL QUADS will suffer from yaw drift from the very inherent nature of their design and torque from the rotors. The added weight of the Zenmuse will play a role but at the end of the day the Phantom and Zenmuse is not a professional AP platform. It has many limitations.
DJI Phantom (V1), v4.02FW, Stock props, GoPro Hero 3 Black, Zenmuse H3-2D, PMU v2, ImmersionRC 25mW VTX, Fat Shark Cloverleaf TX/RX Antennas, ImmersionRC UNO5800, Foxtech M500, Futaba T8J Tx, Futaba R2008SB Rx, CellPro PowerLab6, MPA board, 40A PSU
The Editor

Return to Phantom 1