DJI Phantom Vision with Integrated 14 Megapixel

Phantom 1 Chat, Queries and Advice.

Moderators: Richard, 1275mini

DJI Phantom Vision with Integrated 14 Megapixel

Postby Richard » Mon Apr 08, 2013 8:27 pm

628x471.jpg

534273_10100276231671462_244196119_n.jpg

dji phantom vision 1.jpg

DJI, one of the world’s leading developers and manufacturers in UAV systems, today announced the launch of the PHANTOM Vision, the industry’s first professional grade, consumer-focused quadcopter with integrated HD camera. Based upon the popular PHANTOM platform, the PHANTOM Vision provides hobbyists and professional videographers alike the capability to capture full HD video and pictures right out of the box.

The PHANTOM Vision is the only quadcopter on the market to offer professional-level multi-rotor flight control technology, an intelligent GPS-based autopilot system, an integrated HD camera and an iOS app for full camera control. The PHANTOM Vision also comes with a remote control unit containing pre-programmed autopilot parameters allowing pilots to switch between different flight modes to achieve particular flight experiences. Also incorporated are safety parameters, such as a failsafe feature that will bring the PHANTOM Vision back to its take-off point and land itself if it loses signal from the remote control unit for any reason.

Features of PHANTOM Vision

Integrated HD camera with tilt function
14 megapixel still images and 1080p HD video
Variable field of view
Fully remote camera controlled via iOS app
Vibration isolation
Ready-to-fly right out of the box – no programming needed
Stable and easy to fly with agile performance

Features of DJI iOS App

- Low latency video monitoring (downlink)
- Full remote camera control
- Wireless synchronization
- Social Media sharing
- First person viewing (FPV) functionality

“DJI continues to raise the bar in both UAV flight control systems and airframe technology,” stated Colin Guinn, CEO of DJI North America. “The PHANTOM Vision provides for a completely new level of aerial photography for the average person, while also creating a new and exciting commercial opportunity for hundreds of thousands of digital photography professionals across the world.”

The PHANTOM Vision will be available for purchase at the end of Q2 2013. Incredibly compelling pricing to be announced soon.

http://www.suasnews.com/2013/04/22136/d ... hd-camera/
Richard
Site Admin

Re: DJI Phantom Vision with Integrated 14 Megapixel

Postby kentel » Mon Apr 08, 2013 11:06 pm

No option to make available as an add-on to an owners present model Phantom mentioned!

Oh have sent you an intro demo to look at Rich in a pm on FB.
kentel

Postby Wally » Tue Apr 09, 2013 2:08 am

wow! That is awesome! I also hope we can add it to our own phantoms. Makes me wonder what they will come up with next.
Wally

Postby Richard » Tue Apr 09, 2013 8:17 am

I will imagine that it will be available to buy seperate.

(just added a new picture)
Richard
Site Admin

Postby G6EJD » Tue Apr 09, 2013 10:19 am

The camera mount alone would be a great add-on for a GoPro. I'd like to think they have thought of that option and why not, when it would sell a shed load of mounts to GoPro owners :)

I wonder how much the new version will be? UK £799 is my guess.

update: and they have annouced the sale of a glimbal...nice, now to wait for the price :shock:
G6EJD

Postby quadcopters.co.uk » Tue Apr 09, 2013 9:14 pm

As soon as there is any information about pricing on the Phantom Vision http://quadcopters.co.uk/dji-phantom-vision-quadcopter-703-p.asp and the Brushless gimbal I will let you guys know.
Geoff
http://Quadcopters.co.uk Uk DJI Innovations Dealer . Dji Phantoms , dji naza , dji f450 f550 kits and fpv equipment.
quadcopters.co.uk

Postby wkustu » Wed Apr 17, 2013 2:00 pm

Can't wait to purchase! Any demo video from the vision out there?
wkustu

Postby Richard » Sun Jun 02, 2013 10:30 pm

Phantom Vision update.

The Phantom vision will be sold as a completely different quad. It will have a new designed bottom half to accept a lipo somewhere between 3000&4000mAh.

The TX will now be 5.8ghz instead of 2.4ghz.

All the video and telemetry will be done via 2.4ghz. Yes I said telemetry. There will be a virtual horizon / battery voltage / height / distance from home etc.

The Vision gimbal will automatically work like a gimbal and correct and pitch movements and you will still be able to look up and down with it.

Another cool feature will use the accelerometers in you're phone to control the camera, So if you tilt the phone down the gimbal will look down, if you yaw it left or right then the phantom will yaw left or right.

They also plan to use "no nuts" props. Basically you just screw the props onto the motors and the torque will keep them on. Personally I think it's a good idea as now you don't need tools to remove them but I guess it will limit you're use of 3rd party props.
Richard
Site Admin

Postby jonesy » Mon Jun 03, 2013 9:40 am

Is the "phantom vision" larger than the original?, and are the motors bigger to handle the extra
payload of the 4s battery/camera equipment etc?
jonesy

Postby Richard » Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:22 pm

Jonsey I have updated the first post with a new video, take a look .
Richard
Site Admin

Postby gerg7836 » Mon Jun 03, 2013 12:34 pm

Colin was so nonchalant flying the quad during that video. And to watch him just float it back, and to grab it in mid-air, especially in the other video when they talk about the new gimbal, when he reaches out and adjusts the camera a couple of times while the quad hovers right in front of him. I hope I can fly that well someday!
gerg7836

Postby G6EJD » Mon Jun 03, 2013 5:38 pm

Looks good, I'm now thinking £899 in the UK, maybe even up to £1100.

It would be neat if they sold the lower case so a Phantom could be modified to take up to a 4000 battery like the Vision. He says it's the same size, apart from the lower moulding.

The addition of a power switch would be a usefully upgrade through a revised base, but I doubt I would ever use it unless many short flights, otherwise when the battery is empty I remove it.

The addition of a USB socket would be useful, although could be done now.
G6EJD

Postby jonesy » Wed Jun 05, 2013 12:33 pm

Thanks wheels, colin did not mention bigger motors for the vision, but he did mention it will have bigger props.
The bigger props alone must handle the larger battery/camera equipment weight well enough.
Not sure about the wifi for fpv flying though?, might be ok for close line of sight flying i guess.... Also, what
happens if i go flying with the new 5.8ghz tx "vision" and my mate, has a 5.8ghz vtx system on his
original phantom?
jonesy

Postby JustAnotherCamMan » Wed Jun 05, 2013 4:04 pm

jonesy wrote:Thanks wheels, colin did not mention bigger motors for the vision, but he did mention it will have bigger props.
The bigger props alone must handle the larger battery/camera equipment weight well enough.
Not sure about the wifi for fpv flying though?, might be ok for close line of sight flying i guess.... Also, what
happens if i go flying with the new 5.8ghz tx "vision" and my mate, has a 5.8ghz vtx system on his
original phantom?
Ever try to look at a video on say your phone outside in the bright daylight? Try FPV with that same phone and that bright sunlight! :shock:
JustAnotherCamMan

Postby jonesy » Thu Jun 06, 2013 12:16 am

Yes, it would be crap in the sunlight using your iphone/ipad etc, i agree. Just like the new
fpv LCD screen transmitters that are coming out these days. They have a little sunshade
around them, but they are still crap in the sun for fpv flying.
jonesy

Next

Return to Phantom 1