DJI Lightbridge

dji lightbridge help and information

Moderators: 1275mini, Richard

DJI Lightbridge

Postby Richard » Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:23 pm

DJI Lightbridge will start shipping during February 2014. We will only have 500 units available this month so get your pre-orders in as soon as possible.

DJI Lightbridge is an all new revolutionary 2.4G Full HD digital video downlink. DJI Lightbridge offers extremely powerful equipment packed into a small and light-weight form factor. By offering 1920 x 1080p@30fps video data transmission from up to 1.7km (1.05miles) away, it's the ideal solution for the professional aerial photographer and FPV users. Set yourself free and remove the limits from low definition analog video transmitters.

Please click and watch the Introduction Video:

DJI-LightBridge-4th.jpg

Features:

2.4G Full HD Digital Video Downlink
-1920x1080@60fps input and 1920x1080@30fps output

Lightbridge-1st.jpg

Extreme Long Distance Transmission

-Less than 100mW ground unit transmission in full compliance with CE and FCC certification
-5dBi omni-directional antenna offers an enormous distance of up to 1.7 km (1.05 miles)
-Optional 14dBi patch antenna boosts transmission distance tremendously to 5km (3.1 miles)

Multiple Input And Output Connections
-AV input
-HDMI input
-DJI Zenmuse gimbal input (Digital Video/Power Supply/OSD Data)
-HDMI HD image output
-USB 2.0 image data output for iOS and Android phones and tablet synchronization

Lightbridge-2nd.jpg

Built-in Remote Control Link
-Uplink remote control transmission and downlink video work simultaneously on 2.4GHz.
-Remote control data travels to the uplink via the TX-Thru Port at the same time that video is streamed back down all without interference.
-Support for two remote controls: one for flight control (10 Channels) and the other for gimbal control (6 Channels). Control signals are received in the air and then transmitted to the flight controller through D-BUS.
-When used with a non-2.4G radio transmitter, video only transmission operation is supported. The DJI 5.8G radio transmitter is recommended.

Strong Anti-Jamming Technology
-Frequency Hopping Spread Spectrum(FHSS) + Direct Sequence Spread System(DSSS) technology is used for uplink transmission to enhance stability and offer anti-jamming capability.
-MIMO multi-antenna technology and OFDM modulation methods along with advanced algorithms are utilized for downlink transmission to enhance data bandwidth, improving dynamic performance and increasing stability even in harsh environments.
-Channel interference is constantly monitored during downlink transmission with automatic switching between 8 channels for the best possible signal.
-Up to 8 downlinks can be connected for parallel streaming and work independently without interference.

Lightbridge-5th.jpg

Low Latency Transmission
Maximum latency of up to 80ms

Built-in OSD (On-Screen Display) Function
-No additional equipment required for OSD functions when used with A2/WooKong-M/Naza-M V2 flight controllers. Flight parameters will be displayed onscreen.
-OSD functionality can be turned off via mobile software for HDMI and iOS/Android Output.

Must Work With DJI Multi-Rotor Flight Controllers
-DJI A2, WooKong-M and Naza-M V2 flight controllers
-Phantom 2, with DJI 5.8G radio transmitter.

Multi-device Operation Mode, Stable and Reliable

-A single air unit can transmit to multiple ground units sending video to multiple screens. (Only one of the ground units can send a control signal while additional ground units will only be able to receive a video signal)
-Encryption ensures only authorized devices can receive data which can be programmed via mobile device software.

Built-in High Capacity Battery

-Ground unit has a built in high capacity 4000mA battery offering up to 4.5hours of use per charge.
-Rechargeable through the supplied charger or via a 3S~6S Li-Po power battery.A full charge takes approximately 1.5 hours.
-LED battery level indicator
-Also functions as a USB charger for mobile devices prolonging the life of peripheral equipment.

Electromagnetic Interference Shielded Structural Design
-Aluminum alloy casing
-Extreme internal and external shielding for interference protection.
Richard
Site Admin

Re: DJI Lightbridge will start shipping during February 2014

Postby mac2474 » Mon Feb 10, 2014 2:43 pm

I Would like to know the price before any pre-order ;)
DJI Phantom with upgrade board, H3-2D
DJI F550, Naza V2 incl Gps, H3-2D, GoPro Hero 3 Black, can hub, iOSD mini, DJI Ground Station, BTU, Fat Shark 250mw 5.8GHz TX, attitude goggles, Black Pearl monitor,AeroXcraft LG, Frsky Taranis, X8R, FLVSS Lipo sensor
mac2474

Postby Ranks » Mon Feb 10, 2014 3:19 pm

Looks good but expensive whats the price :?:
Ranks

Postby CaptainKid » Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:29 pm

Looks like it'll be £1132;

BYOD Light Bridge
CaptainKid

Postby mac2474 » Wed Feb 12, 2014 2:40 pm

:shock: (picks oneself up of the floor!)

I think I'll pass :)
DJI Phantom with upgrade board, H3-2D
DJI F550, Naza V2 incl Gps, H3-2D, GoPro Hero 3 Black, can hub, iOSD mini, DJI Ground Station, BTU, Fat Shark 250mw 5.8GHz TX, attitude goggles, Black Pearl monitor,AeroXcraft LG, Frsky Taranis, X8R, FLVSS Lipo sensor
mac2474

Postby Ranks » Wed Feb 12, 2014 3:01 pm

Mate for that price they can keep that :D
Ranks

Postby DavoM » Wed Feb 12, 2014 9:28 pm

Seeing as how it's a brand new product, probably best to wait for the first batch to be taken up and view the forum comments, before committing to such a large expenditure? Just my thoughts.
Davo
DJI F550-NAZA M V2-Zemuse 2D Gimbal-Go Pro 3Black-Foxtech 1W 5.8gig Video tx-Spectrum DX8 TX-AR8000rx-Turnigy 5000ma 4S 25/35c battery-Foxtech 5.8gig diversity receiver-Foxtech 7" Monitor-Boscam GS920 Video goggles.
DavoM

Postby Rolo » Thu Feb 13, 2014 8:46 pm

DavoM wrote:Seeing as how it's a brand new product, probably best to wait for the first batch to be taken up and view the forum comments, before committing to such a large expenditure? Just my thoughts.
Davo

Ranks wrote:Mate for that price they can keep that :D

mac2474 wrote::shock: (picks oneself up of the floor!)

I think I'll pass :)

I'm torn between all of the above lol
Dji Phantom 2, Zenmuse H3 2d Gimble, Futaba T8j, GoPro Hero 3 Black, 3 Smart Batteries
Rolo

Postby Richard » Tue Feb 18, 2014 11:00 am

[attachment=0]image.jpg[/attachment

Looks like Aerial Media Pros are beta testing a lightbridge as we speak :)
Attachments
image.jpg
Richard
Site Admin

Postby lenny7118 » Sat Mar 15, 2014 1:52 am

Priced to High, priced for Rich people and for people that have a photography business. It's not priced for us regular hobbiest so we can get the same benefits of the product.

Dji priced it so high that dji won't drop the price until they make a new unit in about a year than this Lightbridge will be outdated.
lenny7118

Postby Gizmo3000 » Sat Mar 15, 2014 4:21 am

DJI definitely has a history of over-pricing things at first, so people desperate will plunk down big bucks.
But who knows, perhaps Fatshark will come out with a similar HD Tx/Rx solution.
..which I'm sure will be pricey.

But heck, we've all managed to do just fine with regular SD video all this time, I'm in no rush for it.
Gizmo3000

Postby lenny7118 » Sat Mar 15, 2014 10:04 am

Gizmo3000 wrote:DJI definitely has a history of over-pricing things at first, so people desperate will plunk down big bucks.
But who knows, perhaps Fatshark will come out with a similar HD Tx/Rx solution.
..which I'm sure will be pricey.

But heck, we've all managed to do just fine with regular SD video all this time, I'm in no rush for it.

I agree with you , just as always DJI priced it towards the people that make money off their videos. I don't, it's all just a hobby for me but I'd like to be able to have the same product experiences.
lenny7118

Postby Mick Koi » Mon Mar 24, 2014 7:36 pm

anyone know any UK suppliers who actually have these in stock now?
Mick Koi

Re: DJI Lightbridge

Postby gaucho » Tue Aug 09, 2016 8:39 am

Dear all,
I found a BUG in the lightbridge and I think DJI should find a solution for us, because it played with us for too long.
I have a lot of Lightbridge and they dead one after each other as soon as their battery get discharged after long period where i didn't used them (If you stored it without charging it, you can have the problem also after one month).
As soon as the ground unit battery get fully discharged, the firmware of the device stops to work correctly. You can recharge the battery but, connecting it to the assistant, you will see just one of the 3 firmware component versions, and connecting the device to the smartphone, you will not be able to get connected and receive images.
The problem is described in detail on internet, in a lot of forums. You can read in example the following thread: http://www.phantompilots.com/threads/li ... are.76946/
and http://www.phantompilots.com/threads/li ... ack.77073/
and http://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2091053
etc.etc.

I wrote that DJI is playing with us, because i returned 2 times my devices to DJI in order to solve this problem, but each time, if the batteries get discharged, they get broken again.
We need a solution or a workaround because we work with these devices and it is not possible that I need to send to DJI the device each time that i need to work. Moreover I'm quite sure that after the guarantee period, DJI will not longer repair the unit for free. And moreover each time I have to pay the shipment to China and wait for the repair. This is not acceptable.
At least we should pretend a detailed problem description.
I discovered a lot of things about this device, by reading the second link i posted.

Regards
Emanuele
gaucho

Return to DJI Lightbridge